Managed service providers (MSPs) are certainly no strangers to change. In a world where tools and technology are constantly evolving, Managed Service Providers are on the front line of many of these changes, and it looks like there may be no end in sight. This is particularly true in terms of automation, or more specifically, how IT automation will impact how these talented professionals do their jobs and realize continued success.
Here are five reasons why ITPA will be a must for Managed Service Providers over the coming years:
1. Realize Your Own Savings – There’s no doubt about it, the MSP industry is becoming extremely saturated. The only way to stay ahead of the game is by keeping your own operational costs as low as possible. IT Process Automation is by far the most effective tool to accomplish this goal. So, not only will you stay on top of the changes as they occur within your industry, making you that much more valuable to your clients, but you will also do so in a way that keeps your business lean.
2. Exhibit the Value Behind the Service – Being successful as a managed service provider is all about being able to sell your services, and the best way to do this is by demonstrating the value you provide to your customers. Key decision makers must be able to see exactly why relying on your services is truly worth it. IT Process Automation can help MSPs demonstrate this value in a number of ways. First, because automation is so cost-effective, you can essentially pass along that savings to your customers, offering them better service at a lower price. IT Process Automation can also make transitioning to the cloud much easier and less complicated, something many organizations are expected to be doing over the next few years.
3. Remain Competitive – Unfortunately, as with most industries, the IT field is slowly but surely becoming commoditized. This means that larger organizations will begin to try to outpace smaller, more value-driven ones based on price alone. In order to stay afloat in this type of environment, you must find a way to offer value while also remaining competitive price-wise. IT Process Automation allows you to do both of these things, improving operational efficiency, cutting costs and providing ammunition to out-compete others in the industry.
4. Gain Efficiency, Scalability and Profitability – What happens when your bottom-line price simply can’t match or beat that of your competitors? As prices are expected to continue to be driven down by increasing commoditization, you simply must find a way to compete in other ways besides the price tag on your services. This is accomplished by becoming the most efficient and scalable option for your clients and automation is the best way to achieve this goal. Also, because automation increases the efficiency of each employee, it in turn drives your own profitability. It’s a win-win.
5. Leverage the Opportunity of the Cloud – Despite how inherently untrue it may be, organizations of every size, shape and industry are being assured on a regular basis that transitioning to the cloud is both efficient and easy. Of course, experienced Managed Service Providers know that this is far from the truth. In reality, integrating and managing multiple systems in a virtual environment is extremely complex. So, if this is what the customers are going to want, how can you effectively meet their needs without breaking the bank and exhausting all of your own resources? IT Process Automation which will take much of the complexity out of the process and allow you to leverage the value of the cloud to become your clients’ most trusted advisor.
Like it or not, there are plenty of changes coming up the pike in terms of how Managed Service Providers will be able to do their jobs most efficiently and continue to remain successful in an increasingly competitive field. IT Automation will, without a doubt, become the most valuable tool in achieving these goals.