IT folks know better than anyone else the overhead involved in Active Directory password reset. It’s really a non-issue if you’re dealing with 10-50 users; but quite different with hundreds or thousands of users on your network.
In many cases, it’s the help desk that receives the open ticket request. Yet it’s an IT person who needs to resolve the issue – at the expense of other, more urgent tasks.
Here’s one method to automate this daily, repetitive task. It uses an eyeShare pre-packaged password reset automated workflow. You can use the process as is, or tailor it to your needs.
Here’s one way you can automate these procedures easily and in a very elegant way:
Active Directory Password Reset workflow via SMS:
- The user sends a text message (SMS) to eyeShare with pre-defined text that includes their ID.
- eyeShare receives the request and initiates an automated workflow.
- The workflow authenticates the user based on their incoming mobile number and ID sent.
- If authenticated, eyeShare will generate a temporary password and reset the account with it, then update the AD settings so the user will have to change their password upon next login.
- Finally, the new temporary password will be sent to the end-user’s mobile device.
This process can be easily customized according to your needs. For example by, including notification for the system administrators, opening tickets automatically in your service desk system (i.e. ServiceNow, JIRA, SCOM), etc. Just drag and drop the desired activities to create your own custom workflow, using eyeShare visual workflow designer.
Use Ayehu eyeShare’s Integration for Active Directory, it comes with pre-packaged templates such as Active Directory Password Reset template in order to provide your end-users a way to reset their passwords with their mobile device. Of course, you can customize this procedure according to your needs and requirements.