With businesses being forced to close down and unemployment skyrocketing into the hundreds of millions, it’s hard to fathom that some organizations aren’t only surviving during these challenging times, but are actually thriving. For instance, healthcare and biotech companies, as well as streaming service and remote learning providers (just to name a few), aren’t just staying afloat. Many of them are actually experiencing sudden growth, which means they’re hiring.
The challenging part that comes into play here, however, is that most of this scaling in is happening virtually, including the onboarding process. New employees must be quickly and securely provisioned and brought up to speed, which means IT teams are being bogged down with more time-consuming processes, like setting up users and permissions, managing access and controls and more. Thankfully, there’s a way to let technology handle most, if not all of the heavy lifting.
The secret weapon? Intelligent automation. With the right AI-powered automation platform, the entire onboarding process can be streamlined from start to finish, and all without the need for human intervention.
Benefits of Automated Employee Onboarding
- Cost Savings – Automating the onboarding workflow eliminates the time-consumption and redundancy that plagues the traditional onboarding experience.
- Time Savings – This benefit is two-fold, since it saves IT and HR employees the hassle of manual onboarding, freeing them up to focus their skills on more meaningful projects and also gets new employees up and running faster, so they can begin contributing right away.
- Error Reduction – Intelligent automation incorporates the precision of a machine to the new-hire onboarding process. This thereby reduces the chance of error by a massive margin.
- Enhanced Data Collection – When new-hire information is collected electronically via an automation platform, the entire process is much more efficient. It’s also more secure.
- Improved Security – Onboarding involves the access and management of sensitive employee data. By transitioning this process from human to machine, organizations can ensure that all sensitive information remains confidential and securely out of reach.
For New Hires:
- Streamlined Experience – The key to successful onboarding is making sure new employees receive the right kind of information at the right time. With automation, the entire process is optimally scheduled out, ensuring that new hires don’t begin their job feeling confused or overwhelmed.
- Consistency – With manual onboarding, there’s always a risk that not every new employee will receive the same experience. Unfortunately, this means that while some enjoy a positive experience, others do not. Automation eliminates this risk.
- Efficiency/Productivity – The faster a new team member is onboarded, the sooner he or she can begin contributing. Automated onboarding dramatically reduces the time it takes to get new hires up and running, which is better for everyone involved.
- Empowerment – By bringing automation into the mix, new employees are immediately empowered to assist themselves through self-service options. Not only does this save them time, but it also creates a much more positive, stress-free experience right off the bat, which can contribute to retention long-term.
Employee onboarding is a necessary evil in the business world, but thankfully it doesn’t have to be a cumbersome process wrought with frustrating bottlenecks and costly errors. Best of all, it can be handled entirely remotely, something that’s absolutely critical in today’s volatile marketplace.
If your organization has been fortunate enough to experience success and growth during these challenging times, automated onboarding could be the puzzle piece you need to scale quickly, seamlessly and successfully. Take Ayehu for a test drive and experience it for yourself today!
Still not convinced? Learn how one of our customers leveraged automation to cut onboarding time by 80% AND saved more than $485,000 in the process!