Ransomware is the latest tactic cyber criminals are using in an attempt to blackmail you. Hackers could use this malicious software to hold your precious data hostage, making all manner of demands in exchange for its release. With no sign these types of cyber-attacks are subsiding, a rapid, automated response to this type of incident is one of the best tools available to defend against this menace.
The eyeShare product can be fully integrated with the following security tools:
Don’t let your organization become the next tragic victim of a malicious ransomware attack. Be proactive by leveraging automation to harden your defenses and keep one step ahead of your would-be attackers. eyeShare incident response automation can help protect your business, your profits, and your sensitive data from falling into the wrong hands.
A Proactive Approach
When it comes to cyber security, the best defense is always a solid offense. By preparing ahead for incoming threats, you can more effectively mitigate the damage from potential attacks and stop online thieves in their tracks.
This playbook provides actionable instructions for orchestrating and automating ransomware and CryptoLocker security incident remediation. Specifically, the workflow remediates devices affected by the CryptoLocker virus, then blocks the ransomware’s lateral and upward propagation, thereby protecting the enterprise network. Suspected ransomware attempts will immediately trigger the playbook to automatically initiate remediation and mitigation procedures.
Additionally, the playbook aims to build indicators of compromise and implement them on the network infrastructure, as well as initiate security controls. This will allow the automatic identification of existing infections and help block future ones.
The advantages of leveraging this playbook for your enterprise include, amongst other things:
- Reduced Economic and Data Loss: A timely response to a suspected CryptoLocker threat can save your enterprise from substantial economic loss (and humiliation) by nullifying the need to pay ransom. It can also reduce the risk of losing critical customer data that has both tangible and intangible value, as well as protect proprietary enterprise data that could potentially expose trade secrets and compromise competitive advantage.
- Faster Response Time and Greater Scalability: With eyeShare™ orchestration and automation, the time to response is much faster. The playbook quarantines and remediates in a fraction of the time required to perform that same task manually.
- Enhanced Productivity and Reduced Risk: By executing timely automated action, the playbook provides a number of intangible benefits, such as reduced risk to critical data on a privileged user device. And since the turnaround time is a fraction of a manual remediation process, recovery time to productivity is also much faster.
- Keep Analysts Informed and In Complete Control: With automated incident response, the SOC analyst maintains full visibility and stays in the loop via two-way communication.
- Error Reduction: Automation reduces errors dramatically, and in many cases, eliminates them altogether.
- Free Up Precious Expert Resources: With automation of ransomware incident remediation, the security analyst team can now focus on other complex threats.
- Full Documentation for Governance and Reporting: eyeShare™ automation can document and log every step taken by a playbook to remediate an incident, for reporting and management dashboards.
- End-to-End Case Management with Helpdesk Integration: Integration with helpdesk tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, JIRA etc., allows the incident response process to be fully captured for end-to-end case management and later analysis.