An important part of network security is the task of managing the users who have been given authorization for administrative access to your active directory. Occasionally, unauthorized individuals with malicious intent will attempt to gain access to your domain, which could potentially cause a breach in the security of your network. Furthermore, in some cases, an authorized user might inadvertently cause a problem without any ill intent. For these reasons, your IT department must carefully manage this access.
The eyeShare product can be fully integrated with the following security tools:
Don’t let your organization become the next tragic victim of unauthorized domain admin access. Be proactive by leveraging automation to harden your defenses and render your protection stronger than your would-be attackers. This will protect your business, your profits, and your sensitive data from falling into the wrong hands.
How Automation Can Help
The talented individuals running your IT department already have a full schedule of important tasks and duties to take care of. What if there was an automated tool that could offload the process of managing domain access while also making it faster, easier and more effective? The right automation playbook can provide actionable instructions for orchestrating and automating responses around unauthorized creation of new domain admin users.
The playbook responds to the task of creating a new admin user while verifying the legitimacy of the request. Additionally, the playbook can build indicators of compromise and implement them on the network infrastructure for an added level of security control. This allows for automatic blocking of future such requests that are unauthorized.
There are a number of benefits that this type of playbook can provide to the enterprise, including but not limited to:
- Reduced Economic and Data Loss: An unauthorized admin user has unlimited access to critical system and business data, potentially exposing the organization to multiple threats as well as data and monetary loss.
- Faster Response Time and Greater Scalability: With eyeShare™ orchestration and automation, the time to response is much faster. Additionally, the playbook proactively remediates the situation when access is gained by an unauthorized admin user.
- Analysts Maintain Visibility and Control: The SOC analyst maintains complete visibility and control over the process, and stays in the loop via two-way communication.
- Error Reduction: Automation can drastically reduce human errors, and in some cases, eliminate them altogether.
- Free Up Precious Expert Resources: With automation of malware incidents, the security analyst team can now focus on other complex threats.
- Complete Documentation for Governance and Reporting: eyeShare™ automation can document and logs every step taken by a playbook to remediate unauthorized domain admin access, for reporting and management dashboards.
- End-to-End Case Management with Helpdesk Integration: Integration with helpdesk tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, JIRA, etc., allows the incident response process to be fully captured for end-to-end case management and later analysis.