The 2-way integration of Ayehu IT process automation with Remedy lets you automate alerts, ticket resolution, and ticket closure within Remedy.
Instead of manual data entry and long service desk procedures, you can create a closed-loop automated process that accelerates incident management and resolution.
The plug & play Integration Packs for BMC Remedy use the BMC Web Service and Ayehu Listener to achieve the industry’s only integration method requiring no changes in your Remedy system. The Ayehu Integration Pack uses the appropriate Web Services to enable and configure the target Remedy server, allowing the Integration Pack to function. It’s “zero touch” configuration.
Watch this video on YouTube to learn how Ayehu integration with BMC Remedy works:
With Ayehu for Remedy you can send, retrieve, and query tickets, as well as create, delete, or update tickets.
Available actions in Ayehu for BMC Remedy:
- New Record – Generate a new ticket in Remedy.
- Close Record – Close the specified ticket in Remedy.
- Update Record – Update any allowed field provided in the Remedy ticket.
- Query Record – Return a list of filtered tickets.
99 Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 95113
New York Office
1441 Broadway 6th floor,
New York, NY 10018
Ayehu is the IT Automation and Orchestration platform built for the Digital Era. Powered by machine learning algorithms, it acts as a force multiplier for IT operations, security operations, managed service providers (MSPs) and managed security service providers (MSSPs). Customers can significantly save time on manual and repetitive tasks, respond to incidents with pinpoint accuracy, accelerate mean time to resolution, and maintain greater control over IT infrastructure.
Latest Blog Posts
- Managed Service Providers: Could this be hindering your growth?
- Ayehu Announces Free 30-day Trial Availability of its Newly Enhanced Next Generation Intelligent IT Automation and Orchestration Platform
- Episode #3: – Enabling Positive Disruption with AI, Automation and the Future of Work – Symphony Ventures’ Ian Barkin
- How to Become an Intelligent Automation Leader in 4 Steps
- Have you fallen for these AI myths?