For decades, businesses have been turning to MSPs to handle their day to day IT needs. This outsourcing was something that many small to mid-sized companies were forced to do, since housing IT internally wasn’t always an option.
Thankfully, technological advances have made it possible for companies of any size to affordably manage IT operations in-house – and with the same efficiency and service levels as an MSP. And given the current state of events, with many off-shore IT service providers unable to fulfill their duties, there’s never been a better time to consider making a move.
We’ve written countless posts about how tools like intelligent automation can be leveraged by MSPs to save time and reduce costs. This same concept can be applied to internal IT departments as well. For small to mid-sized businesses that previously relied on external MSPs to essentially serve as their IT office, the reason was typically budget. It was simply more cost-effective to outsource IT rather than to manage it in-house. But with the ability to accurately measure the value of internal IT, more and more smaller companies are recognizing the benefits of keeping things on-site.
The answer to the age-old question of how an internal IT team can match the efficiency of a managed service provider lies in automation. When you are able to automate not only individual repetitive tasks, but entire complex workflows, suddenly the idea of running a busy IT operation doesn’t seem as overwhelming. You no longer face the need to hire more staff than you can afford, and those team members that you do employee will have the ability to focus on critical things that require a human touch, such as analyzing and developing business strategies for future success.
5 Reasons to Consider Moving IT In-House
While using MSPs is certainly not a bad option, there are a number of specific benefits that a business can realize by keeping IT in-house. These benefits include:
- More Control – Outsourcing always requires giving up a certain amount of control. Keeping IT operations internal gives the business full control over all processes and procedures.
- Flexibility – A quality intelligent automation platform provides flexibility and customization to each business’s unique pain points. That means that your internal IT can be designed specifically for the needs of your organization, unlike an MSP which can only adapt so much.
- Higher Level of Security – It goes without saying that internal versus outsourced departments always provide a more secure atmosphere. IT operations for industries that deal with more sensitive information, such as the financial sector, benefit greatly from keeping all transactions in-house.
- Saves Time – Internal IT operations eliminate the need to contact and rely on a third party for support requests, which can save time. The beauty of automation is that it is designed to make IT operations more efficient, so it is inherently a time-saver. Couple this with the fact that intelligent software is doing the heavy lifting, freeing up personnel to be available if and when an issue arises, and you’ve got a highly effective and efficient department that is able to maintain exceptional service levels.
- Saves Money – Keeping IT internal saves money over time, since you will no longer need to incur the costs of outsourcing to an MSP.
Think your business is too small or lacks the resources to manage IT operations in-house? Think hiring an MSP is the only option? Think again. Scrambling to keep the lights on due to the recent worldwide health crisis? There IS a solution, and it’s easier and more affordable than you think.
With technological advances, namely the rise of intelligent automation, now organizations of any size have the ability to achieve the same operational efficiency with their in-house IT as they would with a Managed Service Provider.
Still not convinced? Take our Next Generation IT Automation platform for a test drive FREE for 30 days. Click here to claim your free trial.