Ayehu eyeShare IT process automation lets you drastically reduce electricity costs of multiple network-connected workstations and servers. You can automate remote computer shutdown, standby or hibernate modes. The eyeShare automated workflow can be scheduled to run on a regular basis at a specific time of day and enforce energy savings during off-hours.
The eyeShare remote computer shutdown process:
- Reads Excel file contains list of computers -to find out all target workstations and servers to be handled.
- Performs shutdown or standby – loops through the computers list and either performs a shutdown or switches each workstation to standby mode.
- Execute remote computer shutdown on a daily basis or on-demand (via ticket, email or SMS) at any time.
How To: Remote Computer Shutdown – Video Tutorial:
See how you can automate the shutdown/ standby of hundreds of workstations in less than 5 minute:
Shutdown vs. Standby
Generally, the switch to standby mode is preferred to a forced shutdown. A workstation shutdown invites various complications such as closing running applications, long wake up process that may require specific agents, and network changes – all of which do not justify the marginal energy savings. With switching computers to standby mode, users keep their data and application status, and can return back to work within seconds.
|Energy use||1-6 Watts||0 watts|
|Time to wake up||Few seconds||60 sec. to 3 minutes|
The Remote computer shutdown workflow can be tailored with additional pre-packaged IT actions supplied with eyeShare. For instance, you could send an email or SMS alert in case a problem is detected while the automated shutdown process is running. Use eyeShare’s visual workflow studio to drag and drop additional actions.
99 Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 95113
New York Office
1441 Broadway 6th floor,
New York, NY 10018
Ayehu is the IT Automation and Orchestration platform built for the Digital Era. Powered by machine learning algorithms, it acts as a force multiplier for IT operations, security operations, managed service providers (MSPs) and managed security service providers (MSSPs). Customers can significantly save time on manual and repetitive tasks, respond to incidents with pinpoint accuracy, accelerate mean time to resolution, and maintain greater control over IT infrastructure.
LATEST BLOG POSTS
- How to Predict and Remediate IT Incidents Before They Affect Business Outcomes [Webinar Recap]
- Ayehu Announces Availability of NG Intelligent IT Automation Platform Version 1.5
- Episode #27: Why Enterprises Should Have A Chief Automation Officer – Dentsu Aegis Network’s Max Cheprasov
- The changing role of CIO and intelligent automation’s impact.
- 3 Ways NOT Automating Could Cost Your Business (Big Time)