Ayehu eyeShare IT process automation lets you drastically reduce electricity costs of multiple network-connected workstations and servers. You can automate remote computer shutdown, standby or hibernate modes. The eyeShare automated workflow can be scheduled to run on a regular basis at a specific time of day and enforce energy savings during off-hours.
The eyeShare remote computer shutdown process:
- Reads Excel file contains list of computers -to find out all target workstations and servers to be handled.
- Performs shutdown or standby – loops through the computers list and either performs a shutdown or switches each workstation to standby mode.
- Execute remote computer shutdown on a daily basis or on-demand (via ticket, email or SMS) at any time.
How To: Remote Computer Shutdown – Video Tutorial:
See how you can automate the shutdown/ standby of hundreds of workstations in less than 5 minute:
Shutdown vs. Standby
Generally, the switch to standby mode is preferred to a forced shutdown. A workstation shutdown invites various complications such as closing running applications, long wake up process that may require specific agents, and network changes – all of which do not justify the marginal energy savings. With switching computers to standby mode, users keep their data and application status, and can return back to work within seconds.
|Energy use||1-6 Watts||0 watts|
|Time to wake up||Few seconds||60 sec. to 3 minutes|
The Remote computer shutdown workflow can be tailored with additional pre-packaged IT actions supplied with eyeShare. For instance, you could send an email or SMS alert in case a problem is detected while the automated shutdown process is running. Use eyeShare’s visual workflow studio to drag and drop additional actions.
99 Almaden Blvd
San Jose, CA 95113
New York Office
1441 Broadway 6th floor,
New York, NY 10018
Ayehu’s no-code Intelligent Automation and Orchestration platform is a force multiplier for IT Operations, helping Enterprises save 95% on time handling alert resolution, and achieve 35% cost reduction of labor-intensive routine tasks, while maintaining greater control over enterprise infrastructure – whether on-premise or in the cloud. Among our 220+ Enterprise customers, large MSPs such as Cognizant, Capgemini, Amdocs and LTI, are using Ayehu’s platform for its digital labor, increasing margins and operational efficiency by sending robots to work.
LATEST BLOG POSTS
- How IT Automation Can Be an Insurance Policy for Organizations Relying on MSPS with India Operations
- Episode #38: Why Mastering Automation Will Determine Which MSPs Succeed Or Disappear – Ayehu’s Taly Dunevich
- Best Practices for Managing a Remote Workforce
- How Virtual Agents Can Help Businesses Thrive in the Face of Uncertainty
- IT Operations in the Age of Coronavirus