IT teams are consistently being bogged down with the increasing demands to maximize uptime, optimize service levels and minimize expenditure. Juggling multiple disparate systems while managing complex scripts only adds to the back-breaking pressure. Furthermore, with each system prone to its own vulnerabilities, others being program-specific and some scripts completely devoid of oversight, pinpointing problems can be an absolute nightmare.
No-code intelligent automation workflows, on the other hand, allow IT teams to simplify, unify and streamline. Let’s take a closer look at each scenario below.
Many IT departments still cling to the old-school way of manual scripting. There are many reasons why this strategy is wasteful of time, money and organizational resources. For instance:
- Developing scripts from scratch to connect disparate systems can be complex, and the more systems involved, the greater complexity
- Maintenance of scripts is hard, even more-so when you lose the people who wrote them, or the skills needed to support scripts written in languages that have fallen out of favor
- Script-based automation often has no oversight for the potential security vulnerabilities they introduce
- Scheduling scripts with Windows Task Scheduler is not flexible, lacks auditing capabilities and makes it difficult to connect different scripts as well as pass data securely between them
This is a real-world problem, too. One of our team members recently spoke with a customer – a major player in the retail space – who lamented:
“Turnover in employees caused a problem. We had script-based automation using Power Shell, and when the employee who wrote it left, we no longer understood what was going on.”
The solution to this is simple and straightforward: replacing scripts with automated workflows.
In contrast to traditional manual scripting, “no code” visual workflow-based design, like Ayehu NG, offers a plethora of benefits, including:
- Faster to develop
- Easier to maintain
- The system has built-in auditing, and is a single point of control , so less likely to expose you to security vulnerabilities
- More flexible, easy to re-purpose building blocks etc.
To illustrate the difference between “no-code” and “code” based approaches to automation:
As you can see, there is a significant difference between traditional scripted automation (which technically isn’t really automation at all) and codeless workflows powered by artificial intelligence. To experience this game-changing difference firsthand, click here to try Ayehu NG completely free for 30 full days.